UX Designer & Front-end Developer , Fulltime, London
Playbrush is a European technology start-up that helps children brush their teeth by making it fun. Since launching in 2015, we have been building and marketing smart technology, both software and hardware, which helps children improve their daily toothbrushing routine. The Playbrush device attaches onto the handle of any manual toothbrush and transforms it into a game controller – so that when children brush their teeth they can control mobile games via their own toothbrushing movements. Our games provide real-time and historic feedback enabling children to improve their brushing habits in a playful way, while parents experience a huge relief.
Playbrush is a technology startup funded by top-tier European investors, including venture fund Speedinvest and the Angel Investors Hansi Hansmann, Harold Primat and Markus Gnirck. We are supported by University College London, HRH the Duke of York and various renowned dentists all over Europe. We have won multiple international awards and have been mentioned in the press all around the world. Our press coverage includes Yahoo Finance naming Playbrush one of the most promising devices from CES 2017.
We are now looking for an experienced and ambitious UX Designer to join our team of 20 in London.
● You will be responsible for creating design concepts and proposals for Playbrush´s web products (webshop, website and monitoring web application that helps parents monitoring their kids toothbrushing progress) and develop them from early sketches into final designs.
● Develop mockups of customer journeys to effectively communicate new UX ideas and approaches.
● Develop user understanding through research and regular user testing in our target audience. Gauge the usability of new and existing features and iterate accordingly.
● Work closely with our product manager and designers to implement previously tested concepts and improve designs consistently and iteratively.
● You will be working with Shopify and WordPress as well as with HTML and CSS. Ideally you will have front-end development
experience, and be able to implement your ideas quickly.
● You will be working both in teams and independently. You will have to identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently on your own.
● 3+ years’ demonstrated experience in UX design of ecommerce products.
● Experience in setting up and executing UX design tests.
● Experience with Shopify and WordPress highly preferable.
● Passionate about building great web interfaces with a focus on families.
● Able to work as part of an agile team in a dynamic early-stage startup.
● Ability to work both cooperatively and with limited supervision.
● Able to work legally in the UK.
WORKING WITH US
● Office in Vienna or London.
● Weekly team lunches– occasional dinners, parties and events.
● Working with an exceptional, young, international team.
● Open, kind and proactive atmosphere.
● Market adequate remuneration.